Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Distort Fucking Hype


Out of the eastern sun came our friends from Nippon. I can't think of one Japanese punk/hardcore/crust band that I don't like. The records here come off of my Undertaker Tape #604. http://rapidshare.com/files/52056077/Jap_604.rar This includes the Yokohama and Niigata City Hardcore comps and some eps. These are out of print now. There were dozens of different city hardcore records. I'll do more another time. I've tried to divide up the tracks as best as I can, but some run together like the Discordance Axis. Also I think I fucked up on the speed. SMOL sounds wrong but in a good way, like playing Swans at 45rpm sounds better than the sludge 33rpm. Can't do anything about this now as I don't have the vinyl, just a bunch of tapes. Hey if you're gonna make a 7" and use 33rpm put the info on the label.
Here's a link to How's Your Edge which lists loads of Jap compilations. http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=1445
The EPs are:
SDS -Scum System Kill
Asbestos-War Crisis
Hellchild/Discodance Axis split
Majestic Four/SMOL split
Refuse-???
Rinjyu Zange-Who's teh Founder

No comments: