Monday, February 4, 2008

The Fall - Kicker Conspiracy




A delightful little record. This is a double single. The Kicker Conspiracy and Wings are from 1983, while the second 7" has the classics Container Drivers and New Puritan from 1980. I think the earlier tacks were from a John Peel session. Of course the label is Rough Trade. I used to make a pilgrimage to the Rough Trade shop in Portobello Road once a year on my birthday to pick up some treats for myself. Some of the records for sale were available as US Imports or UK version. The UK version was cheaper so I went for them. Now I am in the USA anyone checking out my records is like "wow I've never seen that version before" and if I were to sell them I'd get more money.

2 comments:

Primitives and Pioneers said...

Wow, your best post yet.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Can you re-upload it mate,this one's dead? :/